"Made out of 100% recycled plastic bottles, each shawl saves 8 plastic bottles from ending up in landfills or oceans."
Recycled Printed Hijab
This landmark collection is the first of its kind in Malaysia.
Soft and smooth fabric that meets stringent TudungPeople quality.
Global Recycle Standard certified Sustainable fabric.
"Although we still have a long way to go, Tudungpeople believes taking that first step is the most important. That’s why we’re embarking on this journey towards becoming a more sustainable and eco-conscious brand. A part of this is creating LE Ocean, which we hope will also raise awareness in sustainable fashion."
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can definitely iron your LE Ocean. We recommend ironing on low or medium low heat to avoid burning.
Each shawl uses 8 plastic bottles - that means 8 less in the trash!
Yes, our fabric is GRS (Global Recycle Standard) certified. This means that the recycled content, chain of custody, social and environmental practices and chemical restrictions adhere to international standards.
The bottles go through a 7 step process:
- Post-consumer PET bottles are collected from around the world.
- The bottles are sorted by type and colour. they are stripped of caps and labels.
- The bottles are then washed and crushed into flakes.
- The clean flakes are used directly or turned into pellets.
- The flakes or pellets are extruded into polyester fibres or filament yarns.
- The filament yarns or fibres are used to produce fabrics.
- We choose the best quality fabric suitable for shawls.
We recommend hand washing your LE Ocean with mild detergent. Line dry and do not bleach.
Yes, absolutely! the plastic bottles are thoroughly cleaned before being processed into fibres.